Job searches can be daunting and time-consuming. Here are a few useful things that take less than 1 minute and that you can do now to make your job search more efficient.
- ‘Google’ yourself. See what comes up and make sure you’re happy with the impression that it makes.
- Send your CV to a friend. Ask for their honest feedback.
- Identify what’s most important to you. Salary, location, working hours, size of company etc. A clear picture will define your job search.
- Make a short-list of ideal ‘target’ employers. Where would you love to work?
- Phone a friend/colleague. They may have a connection that can get you a foot in the door at your target employer.
- Visit the website of your target employer(s). See if they’re hiring.
- Check your facebook privacy settings. Make sure that prospective employers can only see the respectable stuff!
- Register for free on movemeon – the best jobs exclusively for consultants & alumni, qualified accountants and freelance consultants.
Like our advice? Hear even more at one of our events:
An event was hosted my Natwest called Growing inclusive leadership in Tech. The topic addressed was ‘Key ways to create a positive company culture’
We had the pleasure to co-organise a roundtable breakfast discussion with Learnitect. The topic for the day – Recruiting and Empowering Top Performers
On Thursday 28th September, movemeon and On Purpose hosted an event for consultants and ex-consultants interested in building socially impactful careers. We were joined by Parita Doshi, Seigo Robinson, Sophie Runcorn and Jeroen Sabbe. These are 5 of the evening’s top tips