We are looking for a General Manager to join our team. Working with the two founders, you’d run all of our core operations and continue our rapid growth & optimisation. Managing a team of ~15 and counting, you’ll have ultimate responsibility spanning the whole business (p&l, recruitment, retention, marketing, sales, product, operations etc etc).
Given you’re reading this on movemeon, you will hopefully be familiar with our story and proposition! We’re a fast growing, tech-enabled, central London based business. We were founded with the simple aim to make discovering great jobs easier.
Today Movemeon is used by 27,000+ members, 1,500+ businesses (from big corporates like Facebook & Coke to early stage VC-backed startups and everything inbetween) and in 100+ countries.
We are growing fast and are easily the biggest dedicated channel within our niches: ~200 candidates and ~15 businesses (sharing ~25-50 new opportunities) join every week.
About the General Manager role
We are looking for someone to run the core business i.e, the most senior person in the team. You’ll report to the Founders and lead the whole core team (~15 and always growing). You will have 4 direct reports (Heads of Marketing, Growth, Success and Product – who in turn have their own teams) and ultimately be responsible for everything required to continue rapid growth & optimising business performance. Moreover, you will also be responsible for the ‘non-commercial’ aspects of running a great business, for example: recruitment/team size & shape, retention/team happiness, budgets, KPIs etc.
What the right candidate will bring to the table
- Experienced & passionate people manager. Inspiring the whole team (directly and with the help of the Heads Of) is fundamental to success in this role. A satisfying workplace with efficient working are both company values. You will have managed teams before (preferably across multiple functions) & demonstrate that you know how to get the best out of people.
- Experience outside of professional services.
- A relentless optimiser with attention to detail. Often, the easiest way to grow is by getting even better at & bigger within the things you already do. You will be the type of person that pragmatically seeks perfection and doesn’t mind getting into the detail to indentify and solve for low hanging fruit.
- Action oriented – often trying a likely solution quickly (and measuring the impact) is far better than spending an age thinking about what the very best solution might be.
- Used to delivering growth outside of a professional services firm. MMO is growing fast so we want to continue if not accelerate that.
- Super organised. With a growing team to head up and growth opportunities aplenty, you need to be able to wear many hats and juggle them accordingly.
- Humble and happy to roll up your sleeves for the good of the team / business. We are not a massive company with extensive support staff. Nobody on team should think of themselves as above taking the bins out, and we’d want the GM to role model this attitude.
- Fluent written and spoken English with existing working rights for the UK.
What we think will be helpful
- Experience in a small, growing organisation (perhaps you COO a startup or run a team of ~15 within a business that’s now 60 people and are looking to step up into a role with a broader remit)
- Likely 6-10 years of experience
- A professional services background (so you easily can identify with our story & candidate value proposition)
- Expereince in a tech or tech enabled environment with the ability to evolve a digital product to drive commercial value
About our offer
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. We are willing to put together the right package for the right person (and as with all senior roles, link this substantially to business performance & long term incentives).
As a company, our values are: (1) accountability, (2) transparency, (3) a satisfying workplace, (4) feedback & innovation, (5) scalability, (6) prioritisation. And here is a flavour of what the team’s about:
- Exciting business in a time of rapid growth
- Start-up environment and ethos (i.e. we don’t do face time and we don’t do anything that doesn’t need to be done)
- Respect for and encouragement of your own ideas and initiatives
- Real responsibility
- Fun, smart team of normal people
- A sensible work life balance (we leave the office by 6pm every day and don’t work weekends)
- Monthly team fun
- Annual away summer away week & winter away long weekend (like last year’s trip to Brittany and this year’s trip to Chamonix)
- An office in central SW London (we’re based near Vauxhall tube)
- 25 days holiday + 2 extra days at Christmas
How to apply
If you’re a movemeon member, simply login and apply through the ad within movemeon.
If you’re not a movemeon member but are a great fit for the role, either register to join movemeon and then apply through the ad within the site OR email us with a CV and cover letter. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.