Job searches can be daunting and time-consuming. Here are a few useful things that take less than 1 minute and that you can do now to make your job search more efficient.
- ‘Google’ yourself. See what comes up and make sure you’re happy with the impression that it makes.
- Send your CV to a friend. Ask for their honest feedback.
- Identify what’s most important to you. Salary, location, working hours, size of company etc. A clear picture will define your job search.
- Make a short-list of ideal ‘target’ employers. Where would you love to work?
- Phone a friend/colleague. They may have a connection that can get you a foot in the door at your target employer.
- Visit the website of your target employer(s). See if they’re hiring.
- Check your facebook privacy settings. Make sure that prospective employers can only see the respectable stuff!
- Register for free on movemeon – the best jobs exclusively for consultants & alumni, qualified accountants and freelance consultants.
Like our advice? Hear even more at one of our events:
At our last private equity event, we had the pleasure of welcoming 4 private equity professionals to share their experience about the private equity world
Meet the inspiring CEOs of Trouva and LoveCrafts – join Movemeon in London on 22nd June 2017 and find out how they went from consultant to business leader.
At our 1st boutique consulting event with Hunch, CIL, 2020 & Advancy, we heard exclusive perspectives on the unique features of boutiques – read them here