Movemeon provides jobs, insight, advice and career tips for an exclusive community of consultants, ex-consultants, accountants and freelancers. Click here to create a free account and stay up-to-date with our opportunities and advice.
Job searches can be daunting and time-consuming. Here are a few useful things that take less than 1 minute and that you can do now to make your job search more efficient.
- ‘Google’ yourself. See what comes up and make sure you’re happy with the impression that it makes.
- Send your CV to a friend. Ask for their honest feedback.
- Identify what’s most important to you. Salary, location, working hours, size of company etc. A clear picture will define your job search.
- Make a short-list of ideal ‘target’ employers. Where would you love to work?
- Phone a friend/colleague. They may have a connection that can get you a foot in the door at your target employer.
- Visit the website of your target employer(s). See if they’re hiring.
- Check your facebook privacy settings. Make sure that prospective employers can only see the respectable stuff!
- Register for free on movemeon – the best jobs exclusively for consultants & alumni, qualified accountants and freelance consultants.
Like our advice? Hear even more at one of our events:
More & more professionals feel they want to do something worthwhile with their career, but are not sure about how to make the shift. Find out at this event.
At our 1st boutique consulting event with Hunch, CIL, 2020 & Advancy, we heard exclusive perspectives on the unique features of boutiques – read them here
On 22nd June 2017 LoveCrafts & Trouva joined movemeon to answer questions about the challenges of launching your own business. The consultant turned founder speakers gave advice on recruitment, raising funding and finding the right co-founder(s)