Movemeon provides jobs, insight, advice and career tips for an exclusive community of consultants, ex-consultants, accountants and freelancers. Click here to create a free account and stay up-to-date with our opportunities and advice.
Don’t undersell yourself with a “bad” cv
Here at Movemeon, we see every day, excellent candidates being instantly rejected by employers due to bad CV content and formatting.
To help our candidates highlight their skills in a clear and concise format, we have made the following CV template. This includes all the details our recruiters want to see. Less, is definitely more, as long as you follow the following steps.
Also, see key Movemeon advice, below the template.
Feel free to use this template as an inspiration for your Movemeon account, and for all your future applications.
1 – Summary
Employers will look to see if you can sell yourself concisely, and evidence that you will have the ability to get a complex point across to a client effectively.
2 – Professional experience
- Sort your experience in reverse chronological order, with your most recent employment listed first.
- Focus on your last two positions and keep any experience prior to this brief.
- Don’t lay out your experience like a job description. Employers want to read about your abilities and accomplishments, not a list of your duties.
- Quantify your results – employers want to see what you’re capable of.
- Show your problem-solving skills. What was the problem? What action did you take? What were the results?
- Recruiters generally spend no more than six seconds reviewing a CV. Ensure you break down your abilities and achievements into easily digestible information using a combination of short paragraphs and bullet points.
Sort your education in reverse chronological order, with your most recent education listed first.
Like our advice? Hear even more at one of our events:
Of the UK’s students, around one-fifth is interested in pursuing a job in the consultancy industry. What makes consulting so popular among students?
More & more professionals feel they want to do something worthwhile with their career, but are not sure about how to make the shift. Find out at this event.
At our 1st boutique consulting event with Hunch, CIL, 2020 & Advancy, we heard exclusive perspectives on the unique features of boutiques – read them here